- Introduces flexible delivery options for consumers via mobile-optimized website
- New service to facilitate growth in premium cross-border e-commerce in India
DHL Express has launched On Demand Delivery, a new service enabling shippers in India to give their receivers across the border, the power to select from a range of delivery options.
With On Demand Delivery, shippers can choose to activate specific delivery options, and transfer the power of choice to them. DHL Express will proactively notify customers via email or SMS about a shipment’s progress and, at the same time, allow receivers to select from a range of delivery options that best suits their requirements via the On Demand Delivery mobile-optimized website. With the launch of this service, shippers in India will be able to cater to the demands of international online shoppers who do not want to miss a delivery.
Commenting on the latest offering, R.S. Subramanian, Senior Vice President & Managing Director at DHL Express India, said, “Global trade, and especially cross-border e-commerce, is pushing the need for traders to customize solutions for their customers – a need that becomes more pronounced when retailers are operating in markets which are highly competitive and commoditized. Traders are looking to provide a better value proposition to their own customers by including flexible delivery solutions. International consumers and online shoppers are also demanding a high level of service. Hence, adding an On Demand Delivery model to our customer offering via convenient digital platforms makes sense.”
He added, “With On Demand Delivery, we’ve enhanced the digital and last-mile capabilities of the DHL Express network to meet consumers’ wants. This will provide cross-border e-tailers, who may otherwise lack the local infrastructure and visibility, with new opportunities to create a positive online shopping experience for their customers.”
Businesses in India can enable receivers outside of India to access the On Demand Delivery via any desktop or mobile device, and opt from the following six different options*:
- Schedule Your Delivery – Change the delivery date / time window of the shipment if the initial scheduled date / time window is not convenient
- Leave Your Signature – Authorize the courier to leave the shipment at the door in the Receiver’s absence by leaving a printed copy of the signed sign-for-your-shipment form at the front door
- Signature Release – Pre-authorize the delivery of the shipment to allow the courier to leave the shipment at the door in the Receiver’s absence
- Leave with Neighbor – Authorize the courier to leave the shipment with an immediate neighbor of the Receiver
- Collect from Service Point – Change the delivery location to the nearest DHL certified service point so that the Receiver can collect the shipment on his/her own
- Alternate Address – Change the delivery address if the initial address provided is not convenient at the time of delivery
- Vacation Hold – Request to hold the delivery of the shipment for up to 30 calendar days
Delivery instructions make their way in real-time to DHL Express couriers, ensuring shipments are received at the right time and at the convenience of the receiver.
On Demand Delivery is now available across Asia Pacific – including, Australia, China, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, and Thailand – and will be in more than 100 countries and available in 45 languages globally by the end of 2017. In India, On Demand Delivery services for local receivers are restricted to Schedule Your Delivery and Vacation Hold due to the present regulatory framework.