Kandla Port is having a dry dock facility for under water repairs & maintenance of vessels upto 2700 DWT. The dimension of Steel Floating Dry Dock is 95 mtr. length X 20 mtr. breath. The allotment of Dry Dock Applicant vessel will be governed as below mentioned priority.
1. Port owned Vessels will be given first priority.
2. The maintenance work of Steel Floating Dry Dock (SFDD), including repairs, will also be given priority next to our Port Vessels.
3. The vessels pertaining to Navy / Coast Guard / Govt. Deptt./ Public Sector Enterprises (PSEs) should be considered next to the Port vessels.
4. The Agencies/Contractors having contract with the Port and benefiting the port directly should be considered on next priority, provided whose craft / vessels which should have been utilized performing its work for the said contract of Port and no other Craft/Vessels shall be considered which are working at other destination / Port / Contract.
5. Rest of the applicants to be considered in general category and spare slot can only be allotted when none of the above category vessels are there in line.
6. At the time of allotting the dry dock slot to Private Parties a commitment for the number of days will be given by the parties along with schedule of work to be carried out.