•Maersk Line’s new app will help manage shipments and track cargo on the move
•App also offers information such as Schedules, track cargo in real time, change of destination, and more
Mumbai, 13th December 2016: Maersk Line today launched a mobile app to manage and track cargo on the move. This app will allow users access to comprehensive information on shipments, track cargo in real time, check schedules, changes in destination and documentation.
Commenting on this development, Mr. Franck Dedenis, Managing Director, Maersk Line (India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh) said, “We are excited to announce the launch of this mobile app which will help find and manage cargo in an instant. We constantly strive for improving and simplifying our interaction with our customers. This will enable customers to further strengthen their businesses and create a dynamic business platform to expand globally in a convenient and faster way. This is a continuation of our belief to constantly innovate and provide robust comprehensive logistical solutions in the market place.”
This move is a step towards a paperless and hassle free shipping industry. The app is compatible with iOS and Android devices. The app can be downloaded from Play store and App Store.
Key features of this app include:
1. Live Tracking – Keep up-to-date with up-to-the-minute information on all shipments. Enables you to keep track of your cargo on the go
2. Push notifications: The app will provide instant notifications over phone, sharing live updates on the status of cargo
3. Unique guide to shipping: The app has a guide which will enable a new entrant to the market understand the systems and processes of Shipping.
4. Share information: Will keep Maersk Line’s valued customers in the know by sharing all the latest information on shipments directly from the app. Information will be shared in real time, facilitating simultaneous communication to all the involved parties.
5. Check schedules: With Maersk Line’s presence across the globe, the app will provide all the information regarding its services and schedules across the globe. This will facilitate effective planning and execution and help the customers reach new markets.