[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]The Grosvenor House Hotel in Dubai will be the venue for the first “Maritime Standard Tanker Conference,” which takes place on Tuesday 25th October, starting at 10am. The event will highlight the key issues and challenges facing the crude, chemical and product tanker sectors.
A high level panel of speakers has been assembled and includes leading executives from the ports and shipping sectors and several senior executives from major regional owners and operators of tankers. Confirmed speakers to date include:
- Sheikh Talal Al Khaled Al Sabah, Chief Executive, Kuwait Oil Tanker Company
- H.E. Shaikh Daij Bin Salman Al Khalifa, Chairman, Arab Ship Building and Repair Yard
- Khamis Juma Buamaim, Managing Director and Group Chief Executive, Gulf Navigation Holding
- Naser M. Al Abdulkareem, President, Bahri
- Philip Tinsley, Maritime Security Manager, BIMCO
- Sanjay Mehta, Chairman, S One Captial
- Rashed Al Hebsi, Chief Executive, Emirates Classification (TASNEEF)
- Thomas Kriwat, Chief Executive, Mercmarine Group of Companies
- Petros Doukas, Former Deputy Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs, Greece
- Ali Shehab, Deputy Chief Executive, Kuwait Oil Tanker Company
- Capt. Harihar Prasad, Managing Director, McQuilling Shipping Services
- Rani Tadros, Managing Partner, Ince & Co
- Amir Mosadeghi, Chief Executive, Islamic P & I Club
- Lakshmi Janathanan, Director-Commercial, Drydocks World Dubai
Clive Woodbridge, TMS editor and Jasamin Fichte of Fichte & Co will chair the various sessions, which will look at the opportunities for growth in the regional tanker trades, the importance of investing to support this market and the growing capabilities of regional companies and organisations to service the needs of tanker owners and operators.
Trevor Pereira, Managing Director of TMS, says, “The tanker market is performing relatively well and we believe this will be a valuable niche event directed specifically at those with a special interest in the tanker market. The speakers are all leaders in their fields and this is sure to be a highly informative event, as well as a great chance to network and make contacts.”
This is an event that nobody with an involvement in this important sector of the shipping industry will want to miss. Aimed at key decision makers and opinion formers, the one day conference will highlight the main regional trends in crude, chemical and products tanker operations.
Attendees will be given a unique insight into the challenges and opportunities that lay ahead, not just for tanker owners and operators, but those who provide services to this sector. You will leave the conference with a clear idea as to how you and your company can support, and benefit from, regional growth opportunities.