Shri Sudhansh Pant, IAS, Secretary, Government of India, Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways, visited V.O. Chidambaranar Port Authority, and reviewed the performance of the Port on 03.04.2023.
Shri Sudhansh Pant, IAS, Secretary, Government of India, Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways, visited various project sites and took stock of the status of various projects and appreciated the efforts made by the Port for implementing various ‘Green Port’ initiatives like 5 MW Ground based Solar Power Plant, 2 MW Shore based Wind Power, Green Cover, Port’s Entrance Channel, Operational areas and the newly developed Container Scanner facility. Shri T.K. Ramachandran, IAS, Chairperson, VOC Port Authority, explained the Port’s ongoing and developments projects.
Shri Sudhansh Pant, IAS, Secretary, Government of India, Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways, inaugurated;
- Herbal Garden spread over 4000 Sq. Metres, consisting of more than 500 herbal plants & trees at the Port estate,
- Web based GIS System that has been developed on open-source platform with georeferenced Coordinates. The system has provisions to identify various Building, Plots and other installations of the Port, with facility for alerts on Payment Dues, land occupancy status, etc.
- Cloud Based Storage Migration System from existing server set-up at the Port, through Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MEITY) empanelled Cloud Service provider with Disaster Recovery Facility at a cost of Rs. 2.1 Crores for 2 years.
- Upgradation of High Tension Electrical Network through Ring Main Unit, commissioned at a cost of Rs. 1.75 Crores.
- Vessel Traffic System ( VTS ) Mobile App (Kappal Seithi) & Pilot Card (Pilot Thagaval). Both these mobile Applications were developed by NTCPWC. Kappel Seithi is a Smart iVTS app which has AI driven smart virtual aid to enhance navigation channel visibility. Karpal Thagaval is an app aimed for digitalization of Pilot movements. This is yet another initiative by the Port under ‘Digital India’ and Aatmanirbhar Bharat.
Speaking on the occasion, he requested the Port to complete all the infrastructure augmentation projects within the scheduled completion time and scale-up the Digitalization initiatives, EoDB measures for EXIM Trade, Port-led Industrialization, and attracting & Investing in Green Hydrogen & Green Ammonia Projects. During his visit, Shri Sudhansh Pant, IAS, Secretary, Government of India, Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways, has overseen the developmental works at the Port and expressed happiness over the Port.